For this weeks Cooking for Peanuts, we've put a spin on an autumnal classic. In the Real Handful office we will put peanuts on anything so adding a salty crunch to a toffee apple may have been one of our best ideas yet! Its super simple and easy🍎
You will need:
2tbsp golden syrup
200g caster sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
50g Real Handful Sea Salted Peanuts (finely chopped)
4 wooden sticks
1. Place apples in boiling water for 10 seconds to remove the wax coating. Dry them thoroughly with a towel.
2. Push wooden sticks into the apple cores and set aside. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
3. On medium heat in a saucepan dissolve the sugar into the water.
4. Once dissolved add golden syrup and vinegar then stir until combined. Once simmering increase the heat and stir until the toffee turns a golden brown. This should take around 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and swirl the apples in the toffee until they are fully coated. Let the excess toffee drip before quickly coating in the chopped peanuts.
6. Set aside on the baking tray and wait for them to harden.