For this weeks Cooking for Peanuts we have teamed up with @rawhalo to create a vegan treat that will satisfy your sweet cravings.
-120g rolled oats
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- Half tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 80g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp extract vanilla
- A pack of Real Handful Sweet & Salty Good Nuts
- 250g vegan @rawhalo chocolate - 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Blitz the rolled oats to make an oat flour. Add the syrup, sea salt and coconut oil and blitz together.
2. Pour the mix into a lined tin and press down with a spoon. Put this in the freezer.
4. Melt the butter in a sauce pan on a low heat, when it has melted add in the sugar.
5. Keep stirring until it becomes thick. Then take it off the heat to cool.
6. Pour over the oat base and sprinkle on Sweet & Salty Good Nuts. Put this back into the freezer to set.
8. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over heat or in the microwave.
9. Pour melted chocolate over the caramel layer evenly and place back into the fridge.
10. Once the chocolate is set cut into slices.