The Summer days are approaching so this week we created a Peanut Butter Smoothie for our Cooking for Peanuts series. This deliciously refreshing smoothie is packed full of our peanuts in several different forms, making them a healthier alternative to other sugary drinks. It is an easy, affordable and yummy treat to make for the family on these warmer days ahead.
- 250g (1 medium) frozen banana
- 50g oats
- 250g unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of (*Real Handful made) peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoon of honey
- Real Handful crushed peanuts for extra protein/toppings
* To make your own peanut butter, especially if you have some Real Handful snacks to hand, simply oven bake 200g of peanuts, stirring occasionally and allowing them to cool completely once golden. Then blend them together with a teaspoon of salt and 2-3 teaspoons of oil for around 5-10 minutes, or until you achieve your perfect thickness. To loosen the mixture, add a drizzle of oil and blend again. It’s that easy!
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may want to add some ice too if your bananas aren’t frozen or if you’re after an extra chilled smoothie
- To get your ideal consistency, add more almond milk to thin out your smoothie, or add more banana or oats to thicken. For a more intensified nutty flavour, add more peanut butter or powder up some crushed nuts for some added protein
- Serve with ice and top with some more peanuts
We’d love to see you smoothie selfies- make sure to let us know if you make a glass for yourself!