We have teamed up with Jelena Fairweather (@into.trends) a healthy living food stylist and former 2019 Masterchef contestant to create this amazing recipe using our craft baked nuts. Based in our hometown of Manchester Jelena has created a Chocolate Praline Peanut Pie using our Sea Salted peanuts which are naturally seasoned and baked in the UK. They are available on our website (Buy Now) and also on Amazon.
Recipe for the Cake
* 1 nine inch pie crust (frozen or homemade)
* 1/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup @sweetfreedomuk chocolate spread
* 3 eggs
* 2 tbsp coconut oil , melted @vitacocoeu
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2cup peanuts @realhandful sea salted
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c
2. roll out pie crust and line a 9 inch pie pan . Use a knife to cut off any extras . Use a fork to prick the pie a few time to prevent the crust from rising. Place in freezer until ready.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, chocolate spread, eggs, oil, vanilla, salt until smooth. Fold in peanuts .
4. Pour the filling into the cold pie crust.
5. Bake pie for 10 minutes at 180C and then turn down the temperature to 160 and bake for 50minutes.
6. Cool pie on a rack and serve with your fav hot drink !